The kick off conference of the ARIADNE project was sucessfully organized on the 16th of June 2017 at the Cultural Center of the Municipality of Athens (Antonis Tritsis Hall), attracting a wide range of participants including social services executives, judicial officers, representatives of support structures for women, victims of domestic violence, as well as scientists specialized on relevant fields and representatives of civil society organizations.

At the beginning of the event, welcome speeches were made by the Head of the Security Sector / Greek Police Headquarters, Major General Mr. Emmanouil Ploumis, the Director of the Center for Security Studies, Mr. Vasileios Gkrizis, the President of the Administrative board of the National Center for Social Solidarity, Mr. Periklis Tziaras, the Deputy Mayor of Welfare and Equality of the Municipality of Athens, Prof. Maria Stratigaki and the President of the Research Center for Gender Equality (KETHI), Ms. Eirini Agathopoulou.

It is noted that the ARIADNE project is being funded by the “Rights, Equality and Citizenship 2014-2020” Programme (REC) of the European Union. Specifically, it was submitted as part of the Call for Proposals with Reference Number: JUST/2015/RDAP/AG/MULT of the Directorate – General for Justice and Consumers of the European Commission and it was selected based on a pan-European competition.

The ARIADNE project is being funded at 80% rate from the REC programme, whereas the remaining 20% of the budgeted costs, is being covered by own financial resources of its partnership.